Friday, November 7, 2008

President Elect

I know that women had to fight for the right to vote...and I did not vote. I honestly wasn't sure who I wanted. I liked and dislike many things about both of them. But I do want to say that I think Obama is the right man for the job right now. To see the reaction of our people and the people around the world...I really think he is who we needed. I just hope and pray that he will do what is right and think of his family and his "people" when he has to start making decisions. I will eat my words if something goes bad, but to see the unity the night he won...was unforgettable and undeniable. I also think if McCain would have been elected we would have seen a different picture, maybe even one of violence. I don't know, but that is just how I feel. I wish our country the best of luck and hope and pray that my family will be protected.

So leave your Obama bashing words at home until we see what he can do for us. And pray for your country!

1 comment:

Kim's just sayin' said...

I can't say that I'm in the same boat as you. Personally, I don't think Obama will do anything that amazing to help our country (but I felt that way about McCain too) No matter who it is, I do feel like it is our duty to support the Pres. and it is pretty cool to have come so far (in some issues) and actually have a black president.