Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just something I was taught in Sunday School

A few weeks ago in Sunday School we were having a great discussion, on a topic that I can't remember, which led to a great challenge...sort of! I don't know how many of you have seen Miss Congeniality but at the end of the movie they ask her what she wished for and she said "I really do want WORLD PEACE." I would have to agree and I regularly think about this. Especially after watching the news every night now and also Dateline. I would not recommend watching either if you want to keep your sanity in tact. I made the mistake of being sucked in and I just can't believe what is happening in our world...I, Brooke Anne Bagley, really want WORLD PEACE! Which leads me to our Sunday School discussion and the new goal/challenge that I would like everyone to try with me...it goes like this...

If we can, each of us, pray for peace in our own lives then WORLD PEACE could be accomplished. This person said something to the effect that we may not be able to do anything about the world, but the Lord has said if every member of the church would pray for peace in there lives, there would be a huge affect on the peace of the world. 12 1/2 million people could change the world. So my challenge to you is this...PRAY FOR PEACE IN YOUR IMMEDIATE WORLD!

I hope this might help, and I am sorry that I am not as eloquent with my words as some of you are...but I love you and I hope and pray for us to all have PEACE!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Amen babe.

Heather said...

The world is definitely becoming a scary place. I tend to avoid watching the news. This is a great challenge--I'm in. :)

Tane and Angela said...

hey brooke! it's good to see you guys via the good ol' blogging world. Your daughter has grown up so fast! by the way, if you don't remember us, we were in nursery together in tva ward. just in case...oh and yes, if only we all could have world peace...we'll just have to wait for the second coming to come=)